Cherries and Beets are a thing! Get on board! Ellwood Thompson’s R&D Chef Rachel Best has drummed up a treat that can bring home all the foodie awards just for the grand opening of the new Institute for Contemporary Art at Virginia Commonwealth University!
Click HERE to review the ICA Block Party line up.
Yields: 4 Cups
- 1 ½ Red Beets; peeled and medium diced
- 1 lb Yellow Onion; thinly sliced
- ½ lb Red Bell Pepper; seeds removed and medium dice
- ½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 T fresh Garlic; minced
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup pure Cherry Juice
- Salt to taste
- *Garnish with Yogurt and toasted Pistachio Dukkah
- Feel free to add a fresh Cherry on top!
- Place all ingredients in a pot (except garnishes) and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Leave uncovered, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, then puree in batches, in a blender until smooth.
- Cool completely and serve cold.
- Garnish accordingly.
- Serve, sip and ENJOY!